Search This Blog

1.31.2012

Important OR not...

This past week I have been thinking about the different, ridiculous things we rely on. You don't always realize how much you rely on certain things or people, but if you sit and think about it, it can be just crazy. From food to talents to hobbies to friends, we can over use these things. I mean, I love food, and I need it to survive.... but I'm not going to eat all day every day. And I have things that I'm good at but they don't make me who I am. I think we get lost in our friends, talents, things and such... we need to get back to a place where we are not defined by what we have but by whose we are. I wouldn't be who I am or have what I have had it not been for God deciding to bless me. It is so easy to get caught up in reality and life and we can abuse the use of things that we have and people and we can allow ourselves to be defined by those things. Sometime we need a wake up call, to pull us out of chaos and hectic schedules so we can see what the most important thing is.

It's easy to forget that we are defined by who God created us to be, but it's just as easy to remember that things are just not as vital to our lives as we seem to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment