Search This Blog

1.13.2012

Tons of Emotions

We have officially been in Tallahassee for 2 months, and that is emotionally challenging for lack of a better word!  It has been an exciting and confusing, exhausting and thrilling, challenging and inspiring all in the same moments. It has already been an amazing journey, and to know that it has just begun is an extremely incredible feeling. I have already learned a lot about myself, about leadership, about life and church; it has really been a growing experience.  We had our first, of 4, preview services this past Sunday, it went incredibly.  To know that I have and will have a hand in challenging and molding the lives of these incredible children is such an honor. This is just proof, I am proof that if we would just shut up and listen to the voice of God things would fall into place.  Life never gets easier, because being obedient is never the easy route... but oh my word... it is the most rewarding (as cliche as that sounds) and the most incredible.

I thought I had a good plan, and it probably was a good plan. It definitely wasn't going to be an easy journey, however, it was going to be exactly perfectly what I ever wanted. I was going to open a daycare with my sister, plans were getting set and things were going to roll soon. What I've learned is, God won't intervene when it's most convenient for us. It was a hard pill to swallow, deciding to move away from everything I have ever known, family, plans! It was worth it though. I help to run an amazing kids ministry, I do things now that I would have never been able to do before. If I would have chosen my comfortable plans, I would not have the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing process.

God is too good to us. We don't deserve the things that He gives us, but thank God he chooses to bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment