Search This Blog

1.17.2012

Living with... pain.

The past few weeks I have been thinking about pain... as strange as that may seem, just hear me out. Pain is so complicated, it can come and go OR it can stay for a long time. It comes in different sizes and different forms. It can be physical mental emotional. It can be so many different things. 

I have noticed, in myself and in others, that we so often dismiss the pain of others because we think the pain we, or someone we know, has gone through is worse. Who are we to decide that someone's pain isn't worth repair. Just because I feel physical pain on a pretty daily basis, and just because I go through things that other people may not, doesn't mean that their kind of pain doesn't hurt them as bad. It is simply a different kind of hurt. 

Now, I'm not saying cater to the overdramatized people of the world. What I am saying is, why can't we just actually listen to what is hurting people and help them in any way we can. If that means carrying heavy bags for them, letting them cry to us at 2am, or simply spending time being their friend... we should be able to do that.  

So many times we get so caught up in the fact that our lives are hard, and things hurt us sometimes that we can forget the entire reason of our being... LOVE people. ACT out love. Don't just say it, do it. 

Here's to not being so caught in my own life that I forget that other people have lives just as crazy as or more than mine. Letting people into my life and getting involved in theirs. Loving people regardless of my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment