Search This Blog

1.20.2012

Getting Ready...

I have been getting ready for EmergeKids this Sunday, and I have been thinking about how incredible it is to be a part of these kids lives. It's so much more than making friends, or keeping them occupied, or playing games and getting loud. It is all about teaching these kids the Bible and how to use it, teaching them how to love people. It is an amazing thing, to watch kids grow and mature. It's amazing to be a part of something like that.

And ya know, I learn a lot from these kids. It's easy to forget how to trust God for big things, but these kids just DO NOT doubt God one bit. They speak like it is absolutely going to happen, even though I can see IF and MAYBE, they do not. That's awesome, I wanna be like them! I pray and hope that they don't lose that faith, as adults it's easy to look at the reality of the situation and let the practical outweigh the spiritual. As I was teaching these kids about Self-Control the past two weeks, they were teaching me about Faith.

Kids are amazing, they love to serve and they accept people just as they come. Attitudes, rejection, fear, laziness... we learn how to be those things. We learn by watching other people be those things. We learn because we look at our circumstances more than our God. Maybe we should take time to learn from these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment